Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Critique: Revive Feature

I enjoy the feature spread I have created for the Revive mock magazine, but I still believe it needs work. I feel like my design may or may not be a little to traditional for the feel of the rest of the magazine. I just got the vibe of a good souther country style house was what was being described when I read the article. I like the font choice and color for the title but I also don't think that it keeps the consistency of the magazine, so I am sure that we will possible need to change that.
The photos actually work well together but after talking to the publishers we might be getting all new photos so we will have to wait and see. The only thing that I don't like about the layout is I am having a hard time deciding how to handle the dek for the story. IF you have some suggestions I am all ears. It just looks so lost and out of place where it is now.


1 comment:

  1. Will'

    I think if you pick a simpler opening spread photo or even just play with the spacing you could place the desk beneath the title. It will also give you some more white space and help match the tone. I like the font too so maybe just changing it from red, white and blue will help it not feel so traditional.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete