Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Critique: Revive Mock Cover

I know I am a little behind the rest of the group when it comes to talking about our mock magazines, but I figured I would give you all a chance to see mine since I have seen all of yours. 
     I wanted to create something that had a very modern and edgy feel to it. I loved the thought of Revive being a up and coming modern architecture/ interior design magazine (I love modern art and architecture) so I went with that design idea.
     I really like my name plate I mean it is Helvetica. What is more modern and edgy than Helvetica. I chose to keep all the letters lowercase because I didn't want the name plate to draw away from the picture of the pictures that would be on the cover. 
     That is another thing that was really important in my design of the magazine. I wanted the photos to be the life blood of this publication and stick out the most in every part of the magazine. 
     I chose a pretty muted color palate. The colors are bright, but if you look you will notice they have a dull or kind of glazed over feel. I thought this gave the industrial feeling I get with some modern art and architecture. 

My Revive Mock Cover:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Will!

    I'm so glad you blogged and I'm even more happy that you blogged about this cover. It's amazing and very clean and professional. It truly looks awesome; your colors work really well together and I like how you didn't make your title and cover lines green since the photo has so much green in it. I like what you did, great to read your blog.

    Abby A.

    ReplyDelete